How can a producer get notified if the consumer does not pick up a file within 15 minutes?
To notify a producer if the consumer does not pick up a file within 15 minutes of its arrival, use a Workflow SLC with a duration schedule and milestones.
Create Milestone 2 to monitor the pickup of the data delivered (called Consumer Picks Up the File)
Since multiple files can be picked up and delivered simultaneously, you must also specify a correlator value for the Workflow, which ties the name of the delivered file to the name of the picked up file.
- Create a workflow SLC with a duration schedule of 15 minutes. Set the Minimum Duration to 000:00:00 and Maximum Duration to 000:15:00.
- To ensure that the milestones within the workflow are associated
with the same file, specify destFile as the Correlator Source at the
workflow level. The following table illustrates sample settings for
the Parameters pane:
Milestone times Relative to Actual start of Workflow SLC Concurrence Count Correlator Source Yes 1 destFile
- To create the first milestone to watch for deliveries,
specify the following parameters. Substitute appropriate values for
the keys, SI.Mailbox Path, Dest File Name, and Server, that meet your
Key Operator Value SI.Mailbox Path Wild Card /RQ103PGPConsumerE/Inbox* Dest File Name Wild Card * Server Wild Card * SI.Is Put(true/false) Wild Card true
- To define the milestone schedule, again specify 15 minutes for the Maximum Duration(Dmax).
- To create the second milestone to watch for pickups that
do not occur within 15 minutes of file delivery (SI.Is Put is false),
specify the following criteria as parameter keys:
Key Operator Value SI.Mailbox Path Wild Card The pickup location, for example, /RQ103PGPConsumerE/Inbox* Dest File Name Wild Card * SI.Is Put(true/false) Wild Card false Server Wild Card *
- As the last step, define the schedule for the second milestone the same way you did for the first by specifying 15 minutes for the Maximum Duration(Dmax).