Event processor configuration in the web console
If you have the administrator authority of IBM® Control Center Monitor, you can view and configure event processors (EPs) and the servers that each EP monitors in the IBM Control Center Monitor web console.
To view or configure the EPs and servers that each EP monitors, in the web console, click. Installed EPs are displayed on the event processor list pane. The controller EP is marked with an asterisk (*).
- Event processor details - this tab displays the general information about
the EP, along with the properties and server assignment, failover, and monitoring policies
accordions. The following list provides more information about your EPs:
- Properties - Lists the properties and values of the selected EP.
- Server assignment, failover, and monitoring policies - The policies that
you set to determine the server assignment, failover, and monitoring for the EP. The following list
contains the policies that you can set:
- Accept newly added servers - Determines whether the controller EP can assign new servers to the selected EP. Select this option if the EP has more capacity for monitoring more servers.
- Accept servers from failed event processors - Determines whether the controller EP can temporarily assign the servers that are monitored by a stopped EP to the selected EP. Select this option if the EP has more capacity for monitoring more servers.
- Allow other event processors to monitor servers upon failure - Determines whether the controller EP can temporarily assign the servers that are monitored by the selected EP to other EPs when the selected EP stops. You might not want to select this option if the EP is dedicated for testing.
- Servers - This tab displays the servers that the EP is monitoring. You can also reassign servers by dragging the server to the new EP. The icon on each server indicates the server status. The icon with the down arrow indicates that the server is down. The icon with an exclamation mark indicates that the server status is unknown. The icon with two vertical bars indicates that the monitoring of the server was paused. The icon with a check mark indicates that the server is running.
If you choose to reassign an IBM WebSphere® File Transfer Protocol (WS_FTP), or IBM Sterling Connect:Enterprise® for z/OS® server, you need to reconfigure the server to send Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps to the new EP. If you do not reconfigure the server, you might lose the traps. If you pin the servers to the assigned EP, the servers are not reassigned in case of failure and you do not need to reconfigure the servers. However, you might still lose the traps.
For an IBM Sterling Connect:Direct® File Agent, you should configure the server to send SNMP traps to all EPs.