You can automate standard IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor reports to run according to a defined schedule and to be sent to a list of email recipients.
A Filter function is available throughout this wizard to facilitate selecting items. For example, if you have a long list of reports and want to see those that start with Net, start typing the characters and only matching reports appear in the list.
To automate a report:
- Select IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor Web Console to display the Automated Reports listing. from the
- Click Create Automated Report button. The Create Automated Report page displays.
- Under General, specify a Name and Description for the automated report. Make sure the Enabled option is selected. Name is required. Click Next. The Reports page displays.
To schedule an existing report, select the report in Reports and
click the Right Arrow button to move it to Selected
Reports. Click Next. The Report Schedules
You can also take one of the following actions if the report you want to automate does not exist:
- To create a new report to schedule, click the + Create Report button.
- To create a new report to schedule using an existing report as a starting point, select the overflow menu on a particular report, choose Duplicate, and modify the report as needed.
To select an existing schedule, select a Report Schedule and click
the Right Arrow button to move it to Selected Report
Schedules. Click Next. The Email Lists page
You can also take one of the following actions if the schedule you want to use does not exist:
- To create a new schedule, click the + Create Report Schedule button.
- To create a new schedule using an existing schedule as a starting point, Go to Duplicate, and modify the schedule as needed. select the overflow menu on a particular schedule, choose
To select a list of email recipients, select the list in Email Lists
and click the Right Arrow button to move it to Selected Email
You can also take one of the following actions if the email list you want to use does not exist:
- To create a new email list, click the Create button.
- To create a new email list using an existing one as a starting point, select the email list and click the Duplicate button and modify the email list as needed.
- Click Next.
- Select a Report Format (PDF, CSV, XML, HTML) and report Attachment Extension. You can modify the file extension to circumvent email attachment restrictions. Add a From email address and a Subject line and click Next.
Under Summary page, review your entries and click
Save to create the automated report.
The newly created report is displayed in the Automated Reports list.