Copying configuration objects between Microsoft Windows installations
You can copy configuration objects from one IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor installation on Microsoft Windows to another installation.
- Stop the engine from which you are planning to copy the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor configuration objects.
- Archive the conf folder in the latest SCCInstallDirectory/conf-exported/YYYYMMDDHHMMSS/ folder by using WinZip or a similar tool.
- Transfer the archived file to the target installation host.
- Optional: Restart the engine.
- Stop the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine that is running on the target installation.
- Make a backup of the conf folder on the target installation.
Rename or delete the existing conf folder on the target
CAUTION:Do not attempt to merge the source configuration data with any existing target configuration data.
From the target IBM Sterling Control Center
installation location, extract the archive file that was transferred from the source
After the extraction, the conf folder is in the SCCInstallDirectory folder.
Run configCC.bat to change the database connection details.
If you do not change the database connection details, then the database connection that is used by the target installation is the same connection as the source IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor installation. When you run configCC, you receive a message that all the steps are already configured, but you might need to specify different values in the following steps:
- Optional: Engine Name configuration - Specify a different engine name.
Time Zone configuration - Specify a different time zone value.
If the source installation and target installation were not in the same time zone, you must specify the time zone.
- Required: JDBC Driver configuration - Select the appropriate database type and specify the JDBC Driver for that database type.
Production Database connection parameters configuration - Specify different connection
If you do not specify different database connection details, two different engines might use the same database.
Production Database initialization - Answer No to initialize the
If you answer Yes, then all existing data in the database becomes lost.
Keystore/Truststore configuration - Specify a valid keystore and truststore.
If you previously specified a valid keystore and truststore, you must specify them again.
- Required: HTTP Connector configuration - Reconfigure the appropriate port number.
Secure HTTP Connector Configuration - Configure the appropriate port number.
If you need a secure connection between the engine and console, then you must configure.
- Required: Servlet Container configuration - Reconfigure the appropriate port number and host name.
Take one of the following actions to start the engine:
- To collect the statistics that were generated when the engine was down, use runEngine.bat.
- To start collecting statistics now, use runEngineCold.bat.
In the IBM Sterling Control Center
Monitor console, click and update the following system settings as needed:
- Email server connection on the Email Server tab.Attention: You cannot update email settings through the console. You must run configCC.
- Host computers where SNMP traps are sent on the SNMP Hosts tab.
- Simultaneous pollers on the Services tab.
- Settings effecting the monitor performance on the Console tab.
- Settings that are related to moving data from the Production to the Staging databases on the Database tab.
- Email server connection on the Email Server tab.