Configuring High Availability Environment
After you plan for a high availability environment, you must set up and configure the environment. The following section contains tasks to complete when you are configuring a high availability environment:
Swagger based configurations
- External Authentication
Database: Refer to Setting up the database section for configuring your database.
Package: Refer to Configuring Control Center Director for package configurations. A common package directory location can be configured for all the Control Center Director nodes using APIs, refer Using RESTful APIs for Web Configurations.
Load Balancer Configuration Sample : Nginx server
- Add the servers of the connected Control Center Director nodes in the Load Balancer
configuration file in the following format:
- While using a load balancer, the correct IP address of the end user is not shared with Control Center Director nodes, to avoid incorrect
reporting information add the following configuration in Load Balancer configuration file:
- Set following proxy mandatory headers in Load Balancer configuration file.Example:
proxy_set_header X-SSL-CERT $ssl_client_escaped_cert; proxy_set_header Host $http_host; proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;Note:
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;can also be set as an optional header.
- Set the following mandatory parameter as explained in Using RESTful APIs for Web Configurations.
- Set following proxy mandatory headers in Load Balancer configuration file.