Importing configuration data
After you export configuration data from your source IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor instance, you can import the data into a target IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor instance.
- Export the configuration data from the source instance.
- Back up the configuration data at the target instance.
- Ensure that the target instance can connect to its database.
- Ensure that you renamed the existing conf folder in the target instance so that the exported configuration data can import.
To import configuration data into the target IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor instance:
Copy the conf folder with the exported configuration data into the target
instance. The directory structure must be CCInstalledLocation>>/conf.
Attention: On a Microsoft Windows operating system, the name of the event processor is included in the service name for IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor. The service name is not updated to include the name of the event processor at the target instance when you import a configuration data into an existing instance of IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor. To avoid this issue, create a target installation folder for a new instance, copy the conf folder that you want to import to the target folder, and then install a new instance of there. This solution changes the service name to include the name of the event processor at the target instance.Attention: On a Microsoft Windows operating system, if you want to rename an EP which is also the Windows Service name, do it through the GUI installer so that the Windows Service name will be changed too. Running the configCC.bat command to change the EP name does not change the Windows Service name.
configCCin the target instance and complete all of the steps. You must complete the
configCCsteps for the following reasons:
- To clear the existing configuration data in the database of the target instance database so that the event processors in the target instance can start.
- To define new database connections for both event processor.
- To rename the imported event processor differently than when it was exported.
- To change other settings.
- Start the event processor in the target instance.
- Email lists
- File Agent information
- Metadata type mapping
- Metric types
- Monitored servers
- Simple SLCs
- Server messages
- Server message categories
- Category limits
- Tag mapping
- Tag layout
- Tag labels
- UI column layouts
After these objects are loaded into the database, the copy of the data in the file system is moved to a subfolder labeled with the prefix imported-date-time.