The functions, look, and behavior of the web console differ from the IBM® Control Center Monitor console. Because the web console provides a subset of IBM Control Center Monitor functions, the interface has a more simplified look, with fewer items on the main screen.
- What you see on the web console the first time that you log in depends on the permissions set for your user ID. The following information assumes that you have manage permissions to all functions, servers, and groups.
- If a user attempts to log in multiple times, a warning message displays, which identifies the number of other logins by that user.
- Your web console session times out due to inactivity unless the Auto Refresh option is enabled.
- Dashboard, to access the dashboard that you have permission to view.
- Dashboard, to access the widgets: Recent file transfer activity widget, Active alerts widget, Transfer scorecard widget, System Health Overview and Environmental health widget. You can see an aggregated, snapshot view of server and file transfer status.
- Servers, to view either Individual servers or Server groups. In Individual servers and Server groups, you can click a particular server to open a menu for more information, such as Server details, File transfers, Events, Active alerts, Handled alerts, Queued processes, or Completed processes for an individual server. Server Groups lists both the groups that you manually defined and the system server groups that are provided in IBM Control Center Monitor.
- Server List is added to the Web console in 6.2.1 and provides additional functionality that is similar to the server monitor and server list views in the classic console.
- Monitor, to view the status of the following objects:
- Active alerts
- Handled alerts
- Completed processes
- Queued processes
- Completed file transfers
In Monitor view Web Console users can also:
Set the number of rows to display per page for Monitor panels, allowing for more rows displayed per page. To set the rows per click User configuration >User preferences.
View, sort, and filter completed file transfers or completed processes in IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor 's Web Console. Users can also export their filtered and searched results into a CSV file format.
To export filtered/searched results, click Export This Page To CSV> Export This Page To CSV for a page of data or click Export This Page To CSV > Export All To CSV for all pages on the results page of completed file transfers or completed transfers.
- Manage, to create or edit the following IBM Control Center
- Simple SLCs
- Email lists
- Event processors, to view event processor details and the servers that it monitors. You can also set server policies and assign servers to a different event processor.
- Tools, to view audit logs and manage reports.
- Menu button () to Change Password, Log out, view Version(About), access REST API reference, access System Settings, access User Settings, Launch CD Web Browser, access IBM Documentation, User Community Portal
- Filters, make working with listings of configuration objects easier to manage.
- To filter information in a view, click to open the Add Filter pop-window.
- Select your criteria from the Filter pull-down list and an item from the Add Value and/or Select Operator field, and click Add Filter. Once all criteria are set, click Apply Filter.
- For example, to list all high-severity active alerts (Active Alerts panel), select Severity from Add Filter pull-down list and check High for Add value.
Users who have roles that are data visibility-restricted see only the data that is associated with their data visibility group, whereas unrestricted users see all data.
The dates and times that are displayed in the web console widgets are configured by a preferred time zone. To configure a preferred time zone, go to the IBM Control Center Monitor console, click . The time zone that is configured can be a half-hour or quarter-hour, but it is going to be rounded up to the next hour in the display of the recent file transfer activity widget.