Installing standalone Cognos
To migrate your IBM Cognos instance to a standalone Cognos, consider the following:
- You must first upgrade to 6.1.3 iFix 02 or to any later version of 6.1.3 after 6.1.3 iFix 02
- download and install Cognos 188.8.131.52 or any later version 11.0.13 after 184.108.40.206.
- Install Cognos according to the Cognos instructions
Attention: It is suggested to install your IBM Cognos instance on a different server than your IBM® Control Center Monitor server for performance reasons.
When you install your standalone Cognos instance, do not use the same IBM Control Center Monitor Cognos database for your standalone Cognos instance. Create a new Cognos content store.
Getting Standalone Cognos Working Before Upgrading to IBM Control Center Monitor v6.3
If you want to get your standalone Cognos instance working before upgrading to IBM Control Center Monitor 6.2, you need to do the following steps:
- Upgrade to IBM Control Center Monitor version 220.127.116.11 ifix02 or later.
- Follow the steps for Importing IBM Control Center Monitor Cognos assets to standalone Cognos .
- Upgrade to IBM Control Center Monitor 6.2.