Viewing or changing server properties
After you define servers, you can view and change server properties.
With the exception of dynamically discovered servers, such as IBM® Global High Availability Mailbox, you can both view and change server properties.
Attention: The server properties of dynamically discovered servers are view-only, so you cannot update them.To view or update server properties:
- From the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor web console, go to .
Click for the server whose details you
want to view. You can also click on these options for a server:
- Update: To update details of the server
- Duplicate: To create a copy of this server with a different name
- Active Alerts: To view all the active alerts for a server
- Handled Alerts: To view all handled alerts
- Queued Process Activity: To view currently running or queued processes
- Completed File Agent Activity: To view Connect:Direct File Agent activities.
- When you change server information, the server icon can indicate that the server cannot be contacted until IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor contacts the server again. For IBM MQ Managed File Transfer, and Sterling Secure Proxy servers, Test Connection checks if the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor event processor can establish a connection to the message queue. Until IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor receives a message on the message queue from the monitored server, the server icon indicates that it cannot be contacted. Also, if the same user ID and password are used to log on to multiple servers, you can change the passwords for all servers at one time.
- Property information for dynamically discovered servers, such as IBM Global High Availability Mailbox, is read-only and is not available for modifications.