Creating a message list
You can create a message list that contains jeopardy or fire-once messages. The list can then be used with workflow SLCs.
To create a message list:
- Select Manage > Service
Level Criteria (SLCs) > Message Lists.
Note: You can also manage message lists as part of creating or modifying a workflow SLC.
- Click the Create button. The Create Message List wizard displays.
- On the General page, provide a name and description for the message list and click Next to go to the next page.
- On the Messages page, select messages
to include in the list by any of the following methods and click Next to
go to the next page:
- Individually select messages to include in the list by checking them.
- To select all messages, right-click the listing and select Select All.
- To deselect all messages, right-click the listing and select Deselect All.
- To get suggestions, right-click in the message listing and select Suggest Jeopardy List or Suggest Fire-Once List. Messages typical of the kind you asked for are automatically checked. You can modify the list by deselecting suggested ones or selecting ones not suggested.
- On the Permissions page, confine permission to manage the message list to a selected role by selecting the role and clicking the Right Arrow button. Move a role out of Selected Roles by selecting it and clicking the Left Arrow button.
- Specify whether the message list will be visible to all users or only to the users in the roles you selected. If you make the message list visible to all users, you cannot restrict visibility to specific roles once it has been referenced. Click Next.
- On the Confirm Choices page, review your choices and click Finish.
- On the Finish page, click Close.