Environmental health widget
The Environmental health widget displays an aggregated health status of the servers in your environment, which you can use to begin troubleshooting server issues.
- Engines for Sterling Secure Proxy
- Adapters for Sterling B2B Integrator and Sterling Secure Proxy
- Daemons for Sterling Connect:Enterprise®
- Configuration managers for Sterling Secure Proxy
- Data centers for Global Mailbox
- File agents for Sterling Connect:Direct®
- Down, which indicates either IBM Sterling Control Center
Monitor cannot connect to the server or
monitoring for that server is stopped.Important: When you install Sterling B2B Integrator, some of the adapters that are installed are initially displayed as down in the widget. If you want to monitor these adapters, you need to configure them in Sterling B2B Integrator. If you do not plan to use these adapters, you must find the server whose adapters are to not be monitored in the Web console Server List ( ). Then, click uncheck Monitored for any adapters to not be monitored. This action prevents the adapters from displaying as down in the Environmental health widget and being tracked in the status change events in the widget. This action also prevents the adapters from being displayed in the Adapter Status Monitor.
Global Mailbox data centers display a down status when the management node does not check in within the specified heartbeat interval.
- Warning, which indicates one of the following issues:
- The event processor failed to connect to the server.
- Monitoring was paused.
- The server was paused upon startup.
- The Global Mailbox management node
cannot communicate with its services or the services upon which it depends.Important: Global Mailbox does not immediately detect that the Aspera and IBM WebSphere® MQ services are operational. Until these services are used for the first time, they remain in an unknown state and display a warning or not monitored status. When the first file transfer occurs, Aspera is used and its status is indicated. When the first event is raised for Sterling B2B Integrator, IBM WebSphere MQ is used and its status is indicated.
- Active, which indicates the following activities depending on the
- The server is running for Sterling Connect:Direct, Sterling Connect:Enterprise, Sterling Connect:Express, MQ MFT, Sterling B2B Integrator/Sterling File Gateway, Sterling Secure Proxy, Global Mailbox data center, and FTP servers.
- An adapter in enabled or a node status is running for Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway, and Sterling Secure Proxy.
- A daemon is running for Sterling Connect:Enterprise.
- Click one of the colored parts of the server, adapter, daemon, configuration manager, or Global Mailbox data center charts to access a filtered list of servers in a particular a status.
- Click the middle of a chart to access an unfiltered list of nodes, adapters, daemons, configuration managers, or Global Mailbox data centers.