The Control Center Director Web Console allows the user to perform system settings. Click Menu button () to view available settings. The enabled settings depends on your role, authorisation and how you have configured your Control Center Director instance. Following are the sections and their options available in the settings menu:
- Role: Displays your user-role in the system
- Change Password: Click to change your existing password by entering your current password
and a new password. Note: Password must be at least 8 characters long with a combination of 1 upper case, lower case, symbol and number each.
- Sign Out: Click to sign out of the Control Center Director Web Console.
- Control Center Director
- About: Click to view the version, license and copyright information of your Control Center Director instance.
- Launch Swing UI: Click to launch the IBM Sterling Control Center Classic Console.
- Rest API References: Click to view various REST APIs available for various functionality of Connect:Direct, Control Center Director and Control Center Monitor (displayed only if complete IBM Sterling Control Center is configured). The list varies based on how you have configured your Control Center Director instance.
- System Settings: All the following settings are configured while Configuring Control Center Director. However,
it can be configured from Control Center Director Web Console also.
- Console: Click to modify the settings dealing with graphic visualizations of server activity, how often activity monitors are refreshed, and inactivity timeout for console sessions.
- Database: Click to modify settings of the database to which the Control Center Director instance is connected:
- General: Modify the time for automatically handling the older alerts.
- Remove data from partitioned production DB: Modify the archival, audit time of old data, specify the data movement units from one Database to other and so on.
- Remove data from Staging DB: Modify the archival, audit time of old data and so on.
Note: This section appears only if it has been configured to your Control Center Director instance.
- Email: Click to view the user name and password. You can modify SMTP Host, SMTP
Port, From email and Admin
email. Click Test to verify if SMTP has been configured successfully.Note: The Test functionality will be available if SMTP has been configured while Configuring Control Center Director.
- Engine Connection: The HTTPS port (for non-secure connections) and HTTP port (for secure connections) that the Control Center engine listens on are displayed here. The ports displayed cannot be modified.
- External Auth Server: Click to update the details of the external servers which are validated while Configuring Control Center Director.
- Heath Overview: Click to view the health of Control Center services. The health status
(Poor, Caution and Optimal) helps understanding the areas to improve
performance and resolve performance issues. You can define the good and bad threshold metric values
of the services, based on which Control Center calculates the health status every hour. For more
details, refer System Health Overview for Control Center Monitor. Note: All the metrics of Control Center Monitor do not appear for Control Center Director.
- Logs: Displays the Log file location of the Control Center.
- Services: Click to modify the server settings like defining the number of servers to poll Connect:Direct servers in collecting server statistics, the number of days before expiry of trusted or key certificates as well as settings relating to configuration management.
- Launch CD Web Browser: Redirects you to the login page of IBM Sterling Control: Direct Browser User Interface