Click Deployment tab on the Control Center Director Web Console navigation menu to seamlessly upgrade Connect:Direct servers in your deployment to a later version.
Before you begin
- Download the latest supported Connect:Direct fix pack on your local computer.
- Ensure that you have configured your Control Center Director instance to define where the Connect:Direct packages will be made available for auto-discovery.
- Control Center Director Administrator must manually secure and assign privliges to the packages directory before executing any upgrade and/or applies maintenance operations to Connect:Direct nodes.
- Auto sense feature enables Control Center Director to detect and process the packages after they are added into/removed from the designated directory. It can take up to 15 minutes for the packages to show up under the Deployment view.
- In some cases after a failed upgrade, the fastest solution is to roll back to a previous release you were using. For more information see, Emergency Restore
Key Concepts: Deployment
When you work with Deployment, there are two main approaches that can be used to manage the upgrade process in your deployment.
- Packages to list and manage all Connect:Direct packages auto-discovered by your Control Center Director instance
- Deployments to create a job (schedule upgrade) and list a job status (upgrade state)
- New Install to install a new Connect:Direct server from your Control Center Director instance
- Your user role also determines what is displayed in Deployments view. For example, if you are a restricted user, clicking Create Job>Select Server Groups/Servers displays only servers/groups assigned to the user.
- To view the upgrade status of a server, go to Deployments > All Jobs tab.
- The Type field displays Completed if all the servers and/or server group are processed successfully
- The Status field displays Partial if some servers in a server group have upgraded successfully while some did not
After a package is displayed in the Packages view, it can be scheduled for an upgrade throughout in your current deployment.