Managing object versions
IBM® Sterling Control Center keeps versions of the configuration objects it can manage for the servers it manages. When IBM Sterling Control Center detects that a change has been made to a configuration object (whether instigated by IBM Sterling Control Center or updated locally), it creates a version of the objects of that type.
For example, when a netmap node is updated through IBM Sterling Control Center, a version of the netmap nodes is created. However, if the netmap node is updated locally, a new version will be created only when IBM Sterling Control Center finds so. IBM Sterling Control Center most likely will not see every change made locally, and therefore it most likely will not create a new version for every local change made.
The number of versions of each object type kept by IBM Sterling Control Center is controlled through System Settings. Also, authorized users can make IBM Sterling Control Center automatically check for local updates to configuration objects once per day at a time of their choice using System Settings.
You can manage versions of these objects:
- Netmap entries
- Netmap modes
- Netmap communication paths
- Initialization parameters
- Sterling Connect:Direct® Secure Plus nodes
- Sterling Connect:Direct Secure Plus key certificates
- Sterling Connect:Direct Secure Plus trusted certificates
- Functional authorities
- User proxies
- From the Configuration tab, select the required object type from the left navigation pane.
- Select the Server and Version from the drop down lists.
- Click The Manage Versions page appears.
IBM Sterling Control Center displays the version list of the specified configuration object for the selected server. You can search in the version list. You may also export the version list of a server in PDF and CSV format, by clicking Export PDF and Export CSV respectively.