Configuring JVM heap size in Jetty Web Application Server
To maximize performance, configure JVM heap size in etty Web Application Server.
To configure the JVM heap size or other JVM arguments:
- Make a backup of the InstallationInfo.properties file in Installation Directory\conf.
- Open InstallationInfo.properties in Installation Directory\conf.with a text editor such as Notepad on Microsoft Windows or vi on UNIX.
Look for the line that starts with WEB_SERVER_MAX_HEAP_SIZE. If the line is there, change the
value to the preferred number. If the line is not there, add a line at the end of the file as shown
in the following example:
- Replace ???with the preferred number, for example, WEB_SERVER_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=-Xmx2048m.
- Save the file.
- Run the configCC.sh (for UNIX) or configCC.bat (for Microsoft Windows) file in Installation Directory/bin.
- Answer "No" to all questions and run the script to make necessary updatesto different runEngine scripts.
- Stop the engine by using stopEngine.sh (for UNIX) or stopEngine.bat (for Microsoft Windows).
Start the engine by using runEngine.sh (for UNIX) or
runEngine.bat (for Microsoft Windows).
For more information, see the information on out of memory errors in Administrative troubleshooting.