Installing an FTP Agent in Microsoft Windows for WS_FTP
Use this procedure to install the IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor FTP agent on a Microsoft Windows system for use with WS_FTP.
To install the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor FTP agent on Microsoft Windows:
- Close all open applications.
- Do one of the following:
- Navigate to the Microsoft Windows directory underneath the folder where you downloaded and extracted the files.
- Insert the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor installation DVD in the drive of the computer where you are installing IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor. Open the folder that corresponds to your Microsoft Windows platform on the DVD.
- Double-click the SCCFTPAgentInstall.exe file.
- Follow the installation prompts.
If the installation fails, review the installation log to determine the cause. This log is named IBM _Sterling_Control_Center_-_FTP_Agent_version_InstallLog.log and is in the FTP agent installation directory.
The installation program installs the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) required to run the FTP agent.