Creating a communication path definition
You can create a communication path definition on a managed Sterling Connect:Direct® server.
To create a communication path definition:
- Right-click the Sterling Connect:Direct server where the communication path definition is located and click .
- Choose the action Create New.
- Optionally, select one or more Sterling Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows servers or server groups to which to apply the definition. Click Next.
- Take one of these steps:
- To create a communication path definition by typing all information, select Enter All Netmap Communication Path details.
- To create a definition by copying an existing communication path definition, select Start from an existing Netmap Communication Path entry on another server. Select the server where the definition is located in the Server field and the communication path to copy in the Netmap Communication Path Entry field.
- To create a communication path definition from an existing template, select Start from a Netmap Communication Path Template entry and select the template to copy in the Netmap Communication Path Template Entry field.
- Click Next.
- Complete the fields on the Netmap Communication Path Details panel.
- To overwrite communication path entries that exist on a specified server, select Overwrite object if it already exists on the server.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
Note: Select Hold for later if you are not ready to initiate the communication path job.
- Now to initiate the communication path creation job immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Click Finish.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can run it at a later time.
- To rerun the job, or a step within the job, or to view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer; otherwise, click Close.