Copying communication path parameters to a server or server group
After you create a communication path definition on one server, you can copy selected parameters to a definition on another server or server group.
To copy selected communication path definition parameters:
- Right-click the Sterling Connect:Direct® server where the communication path definition is located and click Configure Server > Netmap > Netmap Communication Paths.
- Highlight the communication path to copy and select the action Copy Parameters To.
- Select one or more Sterling Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows servers and server groups to which the parameters are to be copied. Click Next.
- Select the communication path definitions to update in the Destination Node Entry(s) dialog box and click Next.
- On the General Details page, select the communication path parameters to copy to the servers or server groups and click Next.
- On the Other Options wizard page, select Update only if the object on the server matches Sterling Control Center's copy if you want to copy parameters only under this condition.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
Note: Select Hold for later if you are not ready to initiate the parameter copy job.
- Now to initiate the parameter copy job immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Click Finish.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can run it at a later time.
- To rerun the job, or a step within the job, or to view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer; otherwise, click Close.