Removing an initialization parameter value
You can remove a value assigned to an initialization parameter.
The parameter is not removed; however, it has no value assigned to it.
To remove an initialization parameters value:
- Right-click the Sterling Connect:Direct® server where the initialization parameters file is located and click .
- Double-click the initialization parameters file to view. A table view is displayed.
- Right-click the parameter to clear and click Remove
On Microsoft Windows servers, the parameter value is reset to <None>. For UNIX and z/OS servers, the value is removed.
- Click Update.
- To update the parameter only if the initialization parameters file on IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor matches the file at the Sterling Connect:Direct server, select Update only if the object on the server matches Control Center's copy.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
- Now to update the file immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can easily find the job in the job queue later.
- To run the job or view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer or click Close.