Copying initialization parameters from one server to another
You can copy initialization parameters created on one server to another server.
This method provides a quick way to update parameters on additional servers on the same operating system as an initial server.
To copy initialization parameters to another server:
- Right-click the Sterling Connect:Direct® server where the initialization parameters file is located and click .
- Highlight the initialization parameters file to copy.
- Select the action Copy Parameters To.
- Select the Sterling Connect:Direct server groups or servers to which you want to copy parameters. Click Next to go to the next page.
- In the Initialization Parameters Details window, select the parameters to copy and click Next.
- To allow values of existing parameters to change only if the initialization parameters file on IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor matches that on the server, click Update Initialization Parameters only if the object on the server matches Control Center's copy.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
- Now to update the file immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Review the copy parameters you selected and click Finish.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can easily find the job in the job queue later.
- To run the job or view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer or click Close.