Creating an SLC duration schedule
Create an SLC duration schedule that can be used in conjunction with SLCs to specify that processing can begin at any time, but once it has begun, it must be completed within a specified amount of time (hours, minutes, seconds). For example, processing must complete within 15 minutes of when a file transfer starts.
- Click Manage > Service Level Criteria (SLCs) > SLC Schedules. The SLC Schedules listing displays.
- Click the Create button to display the Create SLC Schedule wizard.
- Select Duration Schedule in the Schedule Type field.
- Type a Name and Description for the schedule.
- Select Enabled if you want to enable the schedule.
- Click Next.
- Select a Calendar to use in the schedule.
- Type the Minimum Duration in the format hhh:mm:ss. Hours and minutes are required. For example, type 1 hour and 15 minutes as 1:15. Type 20 minutes as 0:20. Type 15 seconds as 0:00:15.
- Type the Maximum Duration in the format hhh:mm[:ss]. Hours and minutes are required. For example, type 1 hour and 15 minutes as 01:15. Type 20 minutes as 00:20. Type 15 seconds as 00:00:15. You must supply both a minimum and a maximum duration. They cannot be the same values. The maximum duration is 167 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds (7 days).
- Click Next.
- Optionally, identify the restricted roles that have permission
to modify the schedule. Highlight a restricted role in All
Roles and click the Right Arrow button to move it to Selected
Roles. Tip: Unrestricted roles already have permission to modify schedules and are not displayed in the list of All Roles.
- Specify whether the schedule will be visible to all users or only to the users in the roles you selected. If you make the schedule visible to all users, you cannot restrict visibility to specific roles after it is created. Click Next.
- On the Confirm Choices page, click Finish.
- Click Close on the Finish page to close the Create SLC Schedule window.