Creating a netmap node definition
Use IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor to create a netmap node entry by defining all parameters.
You can also copy parameters from an existing netmap node on another server or from a template to create a netmap node entry.
To create a netmap node entry:
- In the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor window, right-click the server where the netmap node is to be created and click .
- Select the action Create New.
- Select one or more Sterling Connect:Direct® servers
or server groups to which to add the node. Click Next.
Note: By selecting servers here, IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor can prompt later for the appropriate parameters.
- Take one of these steps:
- To create a node definition by typing all information, select Enter all node details.
- To create a node definition by copying an existing node, select Start from existing node entry on another server. In the Server field, select the server where the node definition is located. In the Node entry field, select the node to copy.
- To create a node definition from an existing template, select Start from a Node template and select the template to copy in the Template entry field.
- Click Next.
- Define information about the new node, including Node Name and click Next.
- Define platform-specific information about the new node and click Next.
- To replace an existing netmap node definition on the destination node, select Overwrite object if it already exists on the server.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
Note: Select Hold for later if you are not ready to initiate the netmap node creation job.
- Now to initiate the netmap node creation immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Click Finish.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can run it at a later time.
- To rerun the job, or a step within the job, or to view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer; otherwise, click Close.