Creating a milestone
Use milestones to specify the processes or process steps to be monitored in a workflow SLC.
To create a milestone:
On the Milestones page of the Create Workflow SLC Group Wizard
or Workflow SLC Group Properties, click
The Create Milestone wizard is displayed.
- On the General page, enter general information about the milestone and click Next.
On the Parameters page, complete the following steps:
Select one or more Keys, select an Operator, and
enter a Value.
It is required to specify the following entries:
Important: Users with a restricted role must always specify a server group. In addition, they can specify a server. By specifying both a server and server group, the SLC applies only to activity on the server that is specified as opposed to all servers in the server group.
- Either a server or server group.
- Either a process name or step name.
- Optional: Enter a Correlator Source.
- Click Next.
- Select one or more Keys, select an Operator, and enter a Value.
On the Schedule page, complete the following steps:
Define either Duration or Time Range
Duration requires Minimum Duration and Maximum Duration values. Time Range requires Normal Start Range Start and Normal Start Range End, or Normal End Range Start and Normal End Range End values, or both.Important:
- Define only two items out of duration, Normal Start Range, and Normal End Range. Define only two items to avoid conflicts that can occur because of the inherent duration that is derived by taking the difference between the Normal Start Range and Normal End Range values and the explicit duration that is specified in the duration schedule.
- Each time range value in a milestone, including Normal Start Range Start, Normal Start Range End, Normal End Range Start, Normal End Range End, is an offset to the scheduled or actual start of the monitored workflow. These values are durations, as opposed to clock times. Refer to Example of setting the time range for more information.
- For workflow SLCs with a single milestone, specify only a duration time for the milestone. Do not specify any values for the time range, regardless of the schedule type that is associated at the workflow level.
- Click Next.
- Define either Duration or Time Range values.
- Confirm choices by clicking Finish on the Confirm Choices page, then click Close on the Finish page.
Example of setting the time range
If an IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor user has the following requirements for the workflow SLC and one of the milestones:
- The milestone times are relative to the scheduled start of the workflow.
- The workflow SLC is scheduled to start at 00:20.
- The workflow milestone is expected to start between 0:45 and 0:50 and to end between 1:15 and 1:20.
- Normal Start Range Start: 00:25
- Normal Start Range End: 00:30
- Normal End Range Start : 00:55
- Normal End Range End: 01:00