Logging in from the computer where the engine is installed
You can start the full-functioned IBM Sterling Control Center Console and log in to IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor from the computer where the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine is installed.
- Ensure that the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine is running. Contact your system administrator if unsure.
- Take one of the following actions:
- Double-click the Console-IBM Control Center V6.2 icon from the desktop.
- In Microsoft Windows, click .
In the Login screen that displays, enter the following information:
The IBM Control Center Console is displayed. The next time you log in, you only need to enter your password. The rest of the information on the Login screen is populated from the information you previously entered.
- Host name of the computer where the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine is installed. This entry can be either a DNS host name or an IP address.
- Port number that the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine is configured to listen on. The default non-secure port is 58080.
- Select HTTPS if you are signing onto the engine with a secure connection. If IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor was not configured for an HTTPS console-engine connection, this field cannot be selected. (The default port for the HTTPS connection is 58081.)
- Your IBM Sterling Control Center
Monitor user name and
password. The password is case-sensitive. The default user ID and password are admin.Important: After you log in using the default user ID and password, change the password.