Setting console preferences
Console preferences determine how time is displayed and how often monitors are automatically refreshed. These settings are associated with your user ID and are employed whenever you log in to IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor. You can also enable screen readers for accessibility purposes.
The Auto Refresh setting determines how often open monitors are automatically refreshed. (To access this setting, go to.)
The Enable Compatibility with Screen Reader setting enables screen readers to more effectively read information that is displayed in console columns. When this feature is enabled, the horizontal scroll bar is enabled for all columns. In addition, the first four or five columns are not locked as in the standard grid display.
The Console Timeout settings determine the number of minutes of inactivity before users are logged out of their console session. When the inactivity timeout is set, you can set the point at which a warning message opens prior to the user session log out.
- Click .
- Click the Time Preferences tab and
select a time display:
Setting Description UTC Displays the time in Coordinated Universal Time. (UTC is the accepted international acronym for Universal Time, Coordinated, which uses the same letters as the French acronym for Temps Universel Coordonné, TUC.)Important: Since UTC never changes for daylight saving time (DST), do not use UTC for your rule or SLC schedules. Otherwise, you must manually adjust your schedules to compensate for DST. Local Time Displays the time from the computer where the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor Console is installed. If you use local time display, verify that the Console is displaying the correct time zone. If the time zone is incorrect, you can take one of the following actions:
- Manually select the correct time zone from the Specific Time Zone list box
- Adjust the time zone value of your system, as that is where the Console obtains this information
Engine Time Displays the time on the computer where the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine is installed. Specific Time Zones Displays the time that is selected from the list box of standard time zones.
- Click Update. The new time preferences take effect immediately. For the web console, the setting does not take effect, until the user associated with the change logs out of the full-functioned console.
- Click Auto Refresh Settings and
take one of the following actions:
- To use the default system setting for all users, click Use System Setting. The current setting is displayed in seconds.
- To set your auto refresh setting here (and override System Settings), select Change Auto Refresh To and enter a new auto refresh setting in seconds.
- Click Update. The new auto refresh setting takes effect immediately. For the web console, the setting does not take effect until the user associated with the change logs out of the full-functioned console. Your web console session times out unless the Auto Refresh option is enabled.Note: The auto refresh feature can be disabled for the web console for all users that belong to a particular role. To disable auto refresh:
- To access this setting, go to .
- Select a role, click the overflow menu icon and choose Edit. Go to Control Center Monitor Permissions.
- Select the None (Manual) setting. If you select this setting, the web console sessions times out unless users click Refresh.
- To enable a screen reader, click the Web UI
Accessibility Settings tab and select Enable
Compatibility with Screen Reader. The new screen reader setting does not take effect until the user associated with the change logs out of the full-functioned console.
Click the Console Timeout tab and take one of the following
- To use the default system setting, click Use System Setting.
- To set your own console timeout (and override System Settings), click Change
Console Timeout to and type a value for the following settings:
Attention: The default setting in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor console is 0, and there is no session timeout. The default setting in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor web console will timeout in 30 minutes when the default value is set to 0.
- Time out after n minute(s) of inactivity
- Display warning message n minute(s) before timing out.
- Click Update.