Creating a data visibility group
Create data visibility groups to limit what events (data) a specific user can monitor.
Tip: If you want to restrict a user to all the activities from one or more servers, you can use the server group restriction. With the server group option, you create a server group with one or more servers and associate that group to a user role.
To create a data visibility group:
- Select IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor window to display the Data Visibility Group listing. from the
- Click the Create button to display the Create Data Visibility Group wizard.
- Define a name for the group and provide a description. Click Next.
- Click the Create button to display the Create Data Visibility Group Criteria wizard. You must specify at least one criterion that defines what events (data) a user has access to.
- Define a name for the criterion and provide a description. Click Next.
- Specify one or more parameters to define the criterion by choosing a Key and Operator and entering a Value. Click Next.
- Confirm your selections and click Finish. The criterion you defined is listed in the Data Visibility Group - Criteria list.
- Click the Create button to create another criterion. After you add all criteria for the data visibility group, click Next.
- Confirm your selections and click Finish. Click Close to exit the wizard. The data visibility group is displayed in the Data Visibility Groups listing.