About simple SLCs
Simple SLCs allow you to create an SLC by answering a few basic questions, specifying values for basic parameters, and giving the SLC a name and description. When you create a simple SLC, all necessary objects to support the SLC, such as rules, actions, and schedules, are also created.
The following considerations apply to simple SLCs:
- Although simple SLCs are based on workflow SLCs, simple SLCs support only one milestone.
- To create or manage simple SLCs, go to IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor web console. in the
- After you create them, simple SLC groups are displayed in the workflow SLC groups list in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor console. You can view simple SLC properties from the workflow SLC group list, but you cannot edit them from this list. To view them in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor console, go to .
- Any simple SLCs created before IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor 6.0 are converted to workflow SLCs after you upgrade to IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor 6.0. The rules, calendars, schedules, and actions with the simple SLCs are managed as normal objects after the upgrade.
- The conversion of simple SLCs to workflow SLCs is completed only one time after the upgrade.
- Any milestones, calendars, schedules, or actions that are created for a simple SLC will have the same name as the SLC. Any rules that are created for a simple SLC will have a rule name of <SLC_Name>_watched_msgs or <SLC_Name>_ignored_msgs.
- Simple SLC names are limited to 37 characters.
- Any objects that are created for the SLC are displayed with the listings for those object types, for example, actions. You can view an action that is created by a simple SLC from the Actions list, but that action can be edited only from in the web console.
- When you delete a simple SLC, its components are deleted as well.
- You cannot create a simple SLC that has the same name as an existing calendar, schedule, action, or workflow SLC. Conversely, you cannot create a workflow SLC that has the same name as a simple SLC.
- The rules generated when simple SLCs are created and updated are made the highest priority to ensure that they are triggered appropriately.
- If your role does not have the manage permissions for the objects that are used to create simple SLCs, such as calendars, schedules, and actions, you can only select existing objects when creating simple SLCs. If your role has view-only permissions, you cannot create or update simple SLCs.