All Control Center Director user and administrator activity performed via the Web Console display as listings in the Audit Logs view where you can view, sort, and filter them.
This view enables Control Center Director administrators to track and record any modification made to the Control Center Director configuration objects, user authentication actions, or to their own accounts (e.g., changing a password). Audit logs can also be used to search, filter, view, and export all log entries that Control Center Director records.
Audited events are stored for ninety (90) days from the date they occurred.
Key Provisioning Concepts
- Audit log entries record any modifications made to Control Center Director configuration objects such as, Packages, Deployments, Users, Roles, and Servers using Control Center Director Web Console.
- Other user and administrator activity performed via the Web Console, such as adding a new user, password change or user login actions
- Resulting from a change on another Connect:Direct Server/group in a Server Group
- Display original and changed values to compare audit log entries.
- You can filter and search content based on Object type and/or user type (changed by).
- Export your filtered and searched results into a CSV format.
Initial Administrator work flow: Audit Logs
The following steps shows the initial work flow for a Control Center Director Web Console Administrator:
- View audit logs
- Click Audit Logs to view all Control Center Director user and administrator activity performed via the Web Console display as listings
- Click any log entry to view extended details. This view, by default, displays all user activity performed in the last 90 days. To display user activity to a certain period, enter Date range from the date picker.
- Enter a search string/filter criteria to view filtered results.
- Click Export to export your filtered and searched results into a CSV format.
For detailed step-by-step walk-through see, Control Center Director step-by-step User Guide.