Configuring JVM heap size in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine
To maximize performance, configure JVM heap size in the IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor engine.
To configure JVM heap size in the IBM Sterling Control Center Monitor engine:
- Make a backup of the InstallationInfo.properties file in Installation Directory\conf.
- Open InstallationInfo.properties in Installation Directory\conf with a text editor, such as Notepad on Microsoft Windows or vi on UNIX.
Look for the line that starts with MAX_HEAP_SIZE. If the line is there, change the value to the
preferred number. If the line is not there, add a line at the end of the file as shown in the
???with the preferred number, for example,
- Save the file.
Run the configCC.sh (UNIX) or configCC.bat (Microsoft
Windows) file in Installation Directory/bin. Answer "no" to
all the questions. Running the script makes the necessary updates to different
- Stop the engine by using stopEngine.sh (UNIX) or stopEngine.bat (Microsoft Windows).
- Start the engine by using runEngine.sh (UNIX) or runEngine.bat (Microsoft Windows).
- For more information, see the information on out of memory errors in Administrative troubleshooting.