Duplicating functional authorities
You can duplicate an existing functional authority to create another one.
To duplicate functional authorities:
- Right-click the Sterling Connect:Direct® server where the functional authorities are located and click .
- Highlight the functional authorities record to duplicate.
- Select the action Duplicate.
- Type a unique name for the functional authority in the User ID field.
- If necessary, change functional authority field values on the Process Control, Process Statements, Server Control, Configuration, Overrides, and Directory panels, clicking Next to go the next panel.
- To copy these functional authorities over ones that might exist on a server, select Overwrite object if it already exists on the server.
- In the Job Name field, type a name for the configuration job. In the Job Description field, type a description of the configuration job.
- Select a timing option for running the job:
Note: Select Hold for later if you are not ready to initiate the functional authority duplication job.
- Now to initiate the functional authority duplication job immediately.
- Hold for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Click Finish.
- If you selected Hold for later as the job timing option, write down the job number so you can run it at a later time.
- To rerun the job, or a step within the job, or to view information about the completed job, click Go To Job Viewer; otherwise, click Close.