Connecting with external users
Learn what an external user can do in IBM Connections™
External users, indicated by the icon, can use many IBM Connections features. A person becomes an external user when:
- Someone in an organization invites them to join a Connections community and they accept the invitation.
- Someone in an organization shares a file with them.
What external users can do
If you are an external user, you can do the following:
- Collaborate as a member in communities. For example, you can contribute to a community forum.
- View and download files that are shared with them.
- Edit files in IBM® Docs if the organization makes licenses available for use.
- Join IBM Sametime® meetings that you are invited to.
- See an activity stream to which you have access.
- Edit your profile by clicking your picture and selecting My Profile.
- View abbreviated business cards of people that share content with you.
- Share files with people.
- Use the IBM Connections mobile app.
- Chat with people in the organization.