Starting the wsadmin client
Use the wsadmin client to make configuration changes to applications.
The wsadmin client is a scripting environment that is installed with IBM® WebSphere® Application Server. You can use the client to access and change properties of your IBM Connections configuration. You can configure common properties that apply across all applications or you can configure properties that apply only to an individual application.
Before you begin
Start the wsadmin client by completing the following steps:
- Open a command prompt and then
change to the following directory of the system on which you installed
the deployment manager:
where dm_profile_root is the Deployment Manager profile directory; this directory is usually called dmgr01. For example, on Windows, the directory is C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\Dmgr01\bin.Attention: You must run the command to start the wsadmin client from this specific directory because the Jython files for the product are stored there. If you start the client from a different directory, the execfile() command does not work correctly.
- Enter the following command to
start the wsadmin client:
- AIX or Linux: ./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -port SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS_PORT
- IBM i: wsadmin -lang jython -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -port SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS_PORT
- Microsoft Windows: wsadmin -lang jython -user admin_user_id -password admin_password -port SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS_PORT
- admin_user_id is the user name of the Administrator role on IBM WebSphere Application Server. This administrator must be configured at the cell level, not at the cluster, node, or server level.
- admin_password is the password of the WebSphere Application Server administrator.
- SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS_PORT is the SOAP port
for the WebSphere Application
Server deployment manager server. The default value of the SOAP port
is 8879. If you are using the default port value, you do not have
to specify this parameter. If you are not using the default value
and you do not know the port number, you can look up its value in
the WebSphere Application
Server Integrated Solution Console. To look up the SOAP port number,
complete the following steps:
- Open the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solution Console for the deployment manager, and then select .
- In the Additional properties section expand Ports, and then look for the SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS port entry to find the port number.
- AIX or Linux: ./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -username primaryAdmin -password p@assword -port 8879
- IBM i: wsadmin -lang jython -username primaryAdmin -password password -port 8879
- Microsoft Windows: wsadmin -lang jython -username primaryAdmin -password p@assword -port 8879
For more information about the properties that you can change, see the topics in the common IBM Connections section and individual application sections.