Before you begin
that you want to override.
- Find com.ibm.lconn.core.web.resources_*.jar inside the deployed Common.ear file.
- Open the JAR file with a zip program.
- Extract the resources/SearchBar.js file to a location on your hard disk drive.
- Copy the source file to the customization directory or
create an empty file in the correct location.
- Using a text editor, open the SearchBar.js file from the example in step 1.
- Look for a line similar to the following one at the start of the
This line indicates that the name of the module is lconn.core.SearchBar.
- Copy SearchBar.js to the following directory:
- Edit SearchBar.js to put an alert statement
at the start of the file:
alert("This file has been customized.");
- Edit SearchBar.js to put an alert statement at the start of the file:
- Clear your browser's cache and refresh your IBM Connections web application.
The SearchBar.js file in the example is used by most of the applications, so when you refresh the page after clearing your browser cache, the alert added in the previous step should immediately pop up.