Viewing a file by using the viewer
You can view an uploaded document, spreadsheet, presentation, or PDF file while you are working in Files.
About this task
After a file is uploaded to Files, you can view it. You can browse through the file, browse between files, and change page magnification. Viewing an uploaded file displays its contents without downloading the file.
|ODF (Open Document Format) Documents||.odt, .ott|
|ODF (Open Document Format) Presentations||.odp, .otp|
|ODF (Open Document Format) Spreadsheets||.ods, .ots|
|Microsoft Word||.doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||.ppt, .pptx, .pot, .potx|
|Microsoft Excel||.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlt, .xltx|
Note: When viewing .pdf files, if you have accessibility requirements, download the file and then open it using a third party application that supports PDF accessibility.
Note: If you view a file in IBM Connections, .txt and .rtf can only be viewed in Connections 6.0 CR1 and later versions.
Viewing a file
- Find the file in Files application and click the file name.
- The file opens for you to view.
Browsing a file
- To browse a file, take one of the following actions:
- Scroll through the file by using the scroll bar.
- Click Page down or Page up . Note: You can browse a spreadsheet only by using the scroll bar.
Browsing between files
- To browse between files, click Next or Previous .
Changing the page display of a file
- To change the page display of a file, take one of the following
Note: You cannot change the page display of a spreadsheet.
- To change the page magnification, click Zoom in or Zoom out .
- To resize the page to fit the width of the window, click Fit width .
Playing a slide show
- If the file you are viewing is a presentation, you can view it in slide show mode. View the presentation as a slide show by clicking Play Slide Show . The slide show starts from the first slide.
Downloading a file
- To download a file, click Download .
- To hide the details of a file, click Hide details . To display hidden details, click Show details . File details include, for example: file size, the number of file versions, and version history.
Taking more actions
- To access more file actions, click More Actions .
Closing the viewer
- To close the viewer, click Close .