Connect:Direct Server and its Client connections
For client-server connections between a Connect:Direct Server and its clients be aware of the following limitations.
The connections between a Connect:Direct Server and the following clients are not secure:
- Connect:Direct Requester
- Windows CLI
- User-defined Windows SDK Client
- Connect:Direct for UNIX CLI
- User-defined UNIX ndampi Client
Though passwords sent by any of these clients to the Connect:Direct Server are obfuscated, the session is still not encrypted.
- The connection with Sterling Standalone File Agent 1.4.0 can me made secure. For more details, refer File Agent 1.4.0.
- The Integrated File Agent included in the Connect:Direct 6.3 release automatically establishes a secure connection to Connect:Direct.
- The connection between Connect:Direct Server and Integrated Web Services can be both secure and non-secure, depending on the configuration. Fore more details, refer to Establishing a Secure Connection between IBM Connect:Direct and IBM Connect:Direct Web Service.