Event Services Support Architecture
ESS uses three components to provide real-time information about IBM® Connect:Direct® activities:
- Client application
- IBM Connect:Direct server
ESS communicates with client application interfaces through the CICS API or an ESS user exit.
The components interact to accomplish the following tasks:
- Define which events are reported to the client application
- Turn event services requests on and off
- Register event data
- Report event data
The following diagram details ESS with a CICS application using the IBM Connect:Direct CICS API. The structure consists of the following components:
The client application defines the event data requests and issues commands through a user-written program. The DGAE transaction ID causes DGAQ247 to be driven. This sample program demonstrates the method to issue ESS commands.
- The API receives and passes event data and ESS commands to the IBM Connect:Direct server, and maintains information for the guaranteed delivery feature.
- The IBM Connect:Direct server
is the Data Transmission Facility (DTF) that processes ESS commands
and sends the requested event data to the client application through