Create CMS Key Store
Before performing your .Local node configuration, you may need to create a new CMS Key Store file.
To create a new CMS Key Store file:
- On the Key Store Manager window, click New. The Create new CMS KeyStore File dialog box appears.
- Enter the Directory location (you can also Browse to the location desired), the KeyStore file name, and the password for the new KeyStore file. You can also choose to Populate with standard certificate authorities. This will import all standard public CA Root certificates into the new KeyStore file.
- Click OK to create the new CMS KeyStore file. Key Store Manager will display contents of the new keystore.
- Click Import. On the Import PEM KeyStore File window, navigate to and select the certificate file you want to use and click OK.
- If a key certificate file is being imported, the password must be entered. The KeyStore Password window appears. Type your password and click OK.
- The PEM Certificate Viewer displays to allow a review of the certificate file. Verify the certificate is valid and click the Import button. Import Results window displays with status of imported certificate. Click Close.
- The certificate is imported and given a Label based on
the certificate Common Name, (CN=). Note the serial number to identify
the correct certificate after import. Note: A common name is used for Label and identification therefore multiple certificates can have the same common name and therefore, can be overwritten depending on the setting of the Default Mode. Additionally, the Default Mode of Import is Add or Replace Certificates.