Re-securing the Parameter File and Access File
Routinely, or if your passphrase is compromised, you should re secure the Connect:Direct® Secure Plus parameter and access files. You must open a parameter file before you perform this procedure.
Note: Re-securing the parameter file requires a "Save As" function. This procedure must be executed when the IBM Connect:Direct is down.To re secure the IBM Connect:Direct Secure Plus parameter file and access file:
- From the Secure+ Admin Tool Main Screen, select File and press Enter.
- Type 7 to select Save As and press Enter.
- If any warning messages are displayed, read them and press F3 to close the warning panel.
- On the File Selection panel, the file name of the parameter file that you have open is displayed. Press Enter.
- At the confirmation prompt, select OK. The old parameter file is deleted and a new parameter file with the same name is created.
- On the Save As screen, type 2 to select Edit, then select Make Pass Phrase by positioning the cursor on Make and press Enter.
- Select OK to confirm that you want to create a new passphrase.
- Type a 32-byte string, using uppercase, lowercase, numeric, and alphabetic characters.
- On the Save As panel, type 3 to select Submit and press Enter.
- Select OK to submit the job.
- When the Job Submitted message is displayed, press Enter.
- Verify that the job completed with a return code of zero before closing the parameter file or exiting the Secure+ Admin Tool. Research any return codes other than zero.