Upgrading Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows
Complete the following procedure to perform a basic upgrade of Connect:Direct® for Microsoft Windows:
- If needed, copy the cd_srvr.ini file for the upgrade.
- Log in to the target server.
- Copy the installation executable file and cd_srvr.ini file (if needed) to the deployment directory. You can optionally put the installation executable file on a network share.
- For Connect:Direct for Microsoft
4.6, run the installation executable with the following syntax:
<Installation executable name> /v"ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=SNMP,Symbols CD_SETUP_TYPE=Upgrade CD_SRVR_INI_FILE=\”C:\My Files\cd_srvr.ini\” CD_SOLIDDB_PWD=<password> /qn /l*v C:\Windows\temp\cdinstall.log\" /w /sRestriction: If you want to use the cd_srvr.ini file, add it to the command.
- Review the log file (C:\Windows\temp\cdinstall.log).