Creating a Run Job Statement
The Run Job statement executes external programs or commands to run on a IBM® Connect:Direct® node. These programs run concurrently with the Process. Unlike the Run Task statement (see Creating a Run Task Statement), the Process does not wait for the program to finish.
When the Run Job statement completes, it returns a completion code. This completion code indicates the success of the Run Job statement, and not the success of the program or command.
You can pass parameters to the external program as Run Job statement SYSOPTS.
- From the Process Builder Summary page, select Run Job and to access the Process Builder Run Job Statement page.
- Type a label for the Run Job step.
- Select whether the Run Job is submitted from the PNODE or on the SNODE.
- Type the full path to the external program. If the program is on the PNODE, you can click to browse to it.
- Type the System Operations (SYSOPTS) or any optional parameters to pass to the program.
- Click to return to the Process Builder Summary page.