Installing Connect:Direct Secure Plus
After you install Connect:Direct® for UNIX, you can install Connect:Direct Secure Plus at any time.
To install Connect:Direct Secure Plus:
- Log on to the UNIX system with the privileges required to install software. You can create an account specifically for this purpose. Do not install as root.
- From the distribution media, type the following command
and press Enter to change to the directory
that correspond to the UNIX platform:
cd /cdrom/<platform directory>Refer to the following list for the name of the platform directory for each platform:
- HP UX Itanium
- IBM® System pSeries
- Sun SPARC systems
- Red Hat
- Linux zSeries
- Type the following command to start the installation and
- Read the information displayed and press Enter.
- Type the path and press Enter. A warning that the directory exists is displayed.
- Press Enter to continue. The message that installed components are detected is displayed.
- Type n and press Enter to
run the full installation procedure. The following screen is displayed:
Connect:Direct for UNIX installation directory specified: [directory path] Please select one of the following installation options:
(1) Connect:Direct for UNIX Server and Client(CLI/API)
(2) Connect:Direct for UNIX Server
(3) Connect:Direct for UNIX Client(CLI/API)
(4) Connect:Direct for UNIX File Agent
(5) Connect:Direct for UNIX Secure+ Option for UNIX
Enter your choice:
- Type 5 and press Enter.
- Type the full installation path and filename and press Enter.
- Press Enter to confirm the installation.
The program determines if space exists to complete the operation. If so, the Connect:Direct Secure Plus installation script and cpio files are extracted. If not, you are prompted to delete enough files. After you clear enough space, restart the installation procedure.
- Read the information and press Enter.
- Press Enter to confirm the installation location. A message is displayed regarding the amount of disk space required to install Connect:Direct Secure Plus. If sufficient space is available, press Enter. If not, you are prompted to delete enough files to provide the enough space. The installation then exits. After you have cleared enough space, restart the installation.A screen is displayed as the files are extracted and the JRE is configured. After the JRE is configured, the following prompt is displayed:
- Press Enter if your node name is displayed. If your node name is not displayed, type your node name and press Enter.
- Type a passphrase of at least 32 random characters and press Enter. The installation is complete.
- Press Enter to return to the installation menu.