From any of the IUI
SUBMIT screens available through the SB, DF, and CF options, you can validate the Process syntax
without submitting the Process, or you can submit the Process, which includes verifying the syntax,
as explained in the following table:
||Related Parameter or Command
|Validate Process syntax
- Enable VALIDATE ONLY parameter
- Issue SUBV command
- The Process is displayed in the VIEW PROCESS screen.
- If the Process is valid, the message Submit Process for validation command was successful is
- If the Process is invalid, a message identifies the problems in the Process. You can press
PF1 for information to troubleshoot the problem.
- You can press PF3 to return to the primary SB, DF, or CF screen.
|Submit Process and validate syntax
- Issue SUBMIT or SUB command
- If the Process is valid, it is executed and a Process number is displayed for reference.
- If the Process is invalid, a message describes the problem. You can press
PF1 for information to troubleshoot the syntax errors.