Contents of the initialization parameters file
The initialization parameters file resides in d_dir/ndm/cfg/cd_node/initparm.cfg, where d_dir is the destination directory where Connect:Direct® for UNIX is installed and cd_node is the node name.
The initialization parameters file contains records. Each record includes parameters to define the attributes of the record. The records are summarized as follows:
- Path information— The ndm.path record contains the location of Connect:Direct for UNIX and the shared work area for SNODE work files.
- Node information— The ndm.node record stores the name of the Connect:Direct for UNIX node.
- PAM authentication— The ndm.pam record identifies the PAM service configuration file used to authenticate users.
- Process priority information— The proc.prio record identifies the default process priority.
- Restrict record — The restrict record specifies if some characters are restricted in run task/run job commands when a user's run directory is restricted.
- Remote node connection information— The rnode.listen record includes parameters to monitor inbound connections.
- Transmission Control Queue (TCQ) information— The tcq record defines how long a Process is held in error before being deleted.
- Global copy parameters— The copy.parms record defines default parameters used by the Copy operation including checkpoint parameters, file size limitations, translation table information, exception handling, CRC checking, file allocation retry parameters, and compression options.
- Global run task parameters— The runtask.parms record defines a parameter to define the restart option.
- Statistics file information— The stats record includes parameters to define default statistics file information including file size limitations, the type of information to write to the statistics file, and how long to maintain statistics files before archiving them.
- Server authentication information— The authentication record parameters to authenticate the server.
- User exit parameters— The user.exits record defines the programs used during a user exit procedure.
- Firewall navigation information— The firewall.parms record defines the ports or range of ports to use for outbound sessions when a server operates behind a firewall.
- AIX zFBA option— The zFBA parameter enhanced performance of large file transfers between z/OS and AIX.
- Secure cdpmgr initialization— Provides the option to prevent cdpmgr from sanitizing inherited environment variables.
- License information— The license record identifies Connect:Direct license metrics.
- Install Agent record— The install.agent record contains parameters to control the Connect:Direct Install Agent.
- Backup locations record— The backup.locations record specifies custom Connect:Direct backup paths and installation program paths.
- File Agent parameters— The cd.file.agent record contains parameters to enable/disable file agent.
- Port Check parameters— The port.check record specifies the list of ignored port check connections.
Sample initialization parameters file
The following example shows how some of these parameters are specified: