Adding a User
To add a new Connect:Direct® user from Connect:Direct Requester:
- If more than one local node is configured, on the Nodes tab of the Control Pad, highlight the local node to which the user is to be added.
- Select Node > Connection Settings > Edit Userids.
- Click Insert.
- Type information in the following fields:
- Name—Type the name of the new user. Either type the user name as defined in the Microsoft Windows setup, such as "cduser", or type a user name in the UPN format, such as "firstname.lastname@example.org" for ActiveDirectory or "cduser@mydomain" for a domain.
- Password—Type the password defined for the user.
- Verify Password—Retype the password defined for the user.
- Click Remember Password to automatically reload the password when you attach as this user.
- Click Set as the Default User if you want the new user to be the default user for the node.
- Click OK.
- If the verification password you typed does not match the initial password, you receive a message indicating the passwords do not match when you click OK. Retype the verification password and click OK.
- Click OK on the User
Properties window to save the settings, then click Close.
Attention: Changes made to node settings are not written to the Registry until you select OK.