If the Strong Password Encryption key stored in the .Password file is out of sync with the Strong Password Encryption key used to encrypt the passwords, you must reset all Strong Password Encryption passwords.
The .Password file can get out of sync if one of the following occurs:
- You restore the .Password file from a backup—The .Password file is updated each time the IBM Connect:Direct® server is started, so the backup will probably not contain the current parameters.
- The .Password file is deleted—The .Password file is recreated as needed, so the Strong Password Encryption key used to encrypt the passwords no longer exists.
- The .password file is corrupt—The Strong Password Encryption Key used to encrypt the passwords is not accessible.
Complete the procedure below to reset the passwords:
- Stop the IBM Connect:Direct server.
- Delete the <cdinstall>/ndm/secure+/nodes/.Password file.
- Start the IBM Connect:Direct server.
- Manually delete all Processes in the TCQ. Refer to the IBM® Connect:Direct for UNIX User Guide for command syntax and parameter descriptions for the delete Process and flush Process commands.