Unattended File Management with Connect:Direct Integrated File Agent
Connect:Direct® Integrated File Agent is a component of IBM® Connect:Direct that provides unattended file management. It provides monitoring and detection capabilities that enhance the automation you accomplish with IBM Connect:Direct Processes.
You can configure Connect:Direct Integrated File Agent to operate in either of the following ways:
- Watch for any file to appear in one or more watched directories and submit a default IBM Connect:Direct Process after detecting the newly added file.
- Override the default IBM Connect:Direct Process specified and apply either watched file event rules or system event rules that are enabled for the configuration. If the criteria for a rule are met, Connect:Direct Integrated File Agent submits the IBM Connect:Direct Process associated with that rule.
- You can create Connect:Direct Integrated File Agent
rules based on the following properties:
- Full or partial name of the file detected in a watched directory. The watched directory can be a local directory on the IBM Connect:Direct server or a network drive.
- Size of the file detected in a watched directory
- System event title or contents
File Agent is distributed with Connect:Direct for UNIX, Microsoft Windows, and z/OS®.
For more information,