Customizing the Product
After you verify the installation, you may want to customize files, screens, and Processes. The following list guides you to additional instructions for customizing your installation:
- Fully define all nodes to the network map file. For information on how to update the network map file, see Maintaining the Network Map.
- Set up the IBM® Connect:Direct®/Plex environment, if applicable.
- Select the appropriate step to set up security:
- If you use the IBM Connect:Direct Authorization Facility, add users to the User Authorization file.
- If you use external security software such as RACF, ACF2, or TOP SECRET, see Implementing Security for more information.
- Add types to the Type file. See Maintaining the Type File to add records to the Type file.
- Customize the Messages file. See Customizing IBM Connect:Direct in IBM Connect:Direct for z/OS® Administration Guide.
- Customize the SUBMIT screen.
- Customize the sample Processes. Information on IBM Connect:Direct Processes is available in the IBM Connect:Direct for z/OS Process Language Reference Guide and IBM Connect:Direct for z/OS User Guide.