Copy a Data Set from a VSE Node to Another VSE Node
This example COPY statement copies a data set from one Connect:Direct® for VSE node to another.
- The COPY step is named STEP1.
- The DCB attributes specified in the TO clause of the COPY statement are used for file allocation.
- Unit and volume serial number are specified on the PNODE; however, only unit is specified on the SNODE.
- Specifying COMPRESS without a subparameter indicates that blanks will be compressed during transmission and converted back to the original string during decompression.
- Space parameters for the new TO data set are explicitly specified. This will allocate the new file on track 600 of unit 242 for a length of 300 tracks.