Special Considerations for Using the Standalone Batch Compression Utility
Consider the following when you are using cdsacomp to precompress files:
- If you precompress a file with the cdsacomp utility, then you cannot specify any compression options in your IBM® Connect:Direct® Process when you copy that file.
- You cannot specify data transformations (xlate, codepage, strip
blanks, and so on) when sending a precompressed file with :precompress=yes:
sysopts (for on-the-fly decompression). The following transformation
options are available:
- If you precompress a file with the cdsacomp utility on a IBM Connect:Direct node, then you cannot specify a checkpoint interval in your IBM Connect:Direct Process if you decompress the file as it is received by the remote node.
- When you are copying a precompressed file to z/OS without :precomp=yes:
(for deferred decompression):
- The Copy operation must specify DCB information for the destination file. The physical block size of the destination file on Connect:Direct for z/OS® must match the logical block size of the precompressed source file on Connect:Direct for UNIX.
- The logical block size of the source file defaults to 27920 unless overridden by the -b parameter.