Suspending or Resuming Processing on Nodes through the Modify Nodes Screen
To suspend or resume processing on nodes through the Modify Nodes screen:
- Request option MD from the Connect:Direct Administrative Options Menu to access the MODIFY COMMAND screen.
- Type YES in the MODIFY NODES field.
- Press ENTER. The Modify Nodes screen
CD.PRD MODIFY NODES (Unsaved Changes) Row 1 of 1054 CMD ==> SCROLL ===> PAGE (CMD commands: CLEAR DEBUG/TRACE QUIESCE RESUME; CANCEL END REFRESH SAVE) (SEL commands: C=Clear Q=Quiesce R=Resume. Overtype Debug setting.) SEL Node Name Quiesce Debug Chg --- ---------------- ------- -------- --- CD.PRD.CSGA OFF 11111111 CD.PRD.CSGB OFF 11111111 CD.PRD.CSGD OFF 11111111 CD.PRD.CSGE OFF 11111111 CD.PRD.CSGF ON 11111111 Y CD.PRD.CSGG OFF 11111111 CD.PRD.VIPA OFF 11111111 CD.TST OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.%%%%% OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CSGA ON Y CD.TST.CSGB OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CSGD OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CSGG OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CTCA1 OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CTCA2 OFF FFFFFEFF CD.TST.CTCA3 OFF FFFFFEFF
- Use one of the following methods to suspend processing
of specific nodes:
Note: You can use the * (for a string) and ? (for an individual character) wildcard characters to specify a generic node name. Unlike the MODIFY SESSIONS command, you do not have to enclose the node name in single quotes if you use the * wildcard and it is not the last character. In fact, if you do, as a result, there will probably not be any matches since quotes are treated like any other character.
- Type Q in the SEL column next to the matching node names. The Chg field for those nodes will display Y.
- From the CMD line, use the QUIESCE nodename command to turn the Quiesce setting on for the rows with matching nodenames.
Use one of the following methods to resume processing of a specific node:
- Type R in the SEL column next to the matching node names. The Chg field for those nodes will display Y.
- From the CMD line, use the RESUME nodename command to turn the Quiesce setting off for the rows with matching nodenames. Refer to the Suspending and Resuming Quiesce and Trace Settings for information about the RESUME command.
- Type SAVE in the CMD field and press ENTER to save your changes.